Friday, January 7, 2011

it's mommy time

brooke's upstairs on the phone with a friend of hers & they're letting their zhu zhu pets talk to each other through the phone (it's on speaker, so lucky me, i get to hear both sides of that conversation). both girls just said, "i'll go ask my mom! EEEEEEE"

brooke came down & asked me if she could have this friend over next saturday and i said that was fine. there was a loud squeal & running up the steps when i heard brooke yell to her friend, "she said YES! it's a GO and it's a DITTO! EEEEEEE"

i'm sure they're planning more zhu zhu weddings, complete with a trip to the zhu salon for grooming first. you know how the hamsters always like to have their fur looking spiffy when the wiggle down the aisle.

on another & totally unrelated parenting note, a couple nights ago we returned from dinner & brooke discovered that her naughty kitten had ripped up her beloved real fox tail. brooke has a thing for wearing ears & tails & she found a beautiful gray one at a renaissance festival a year or two ago. it hooks onto a beltloop & she wears it around the house all the time & in public frequently. unfortunately, naughty kitty baby loves it too & took her opportunity to kill it when it was left out while the people were gone. brooke immediately got her camera to take a picture of it & then asked if she could blog about it for some "writing therapy". here's the link to her sad, sad story.

today, a package arrived in the mail from mimi with a new tail that's longer & fluffier than the last one & it's been hooked to her butt ever since. yay! mimi to the rescue!

12 comments:

  1. Wish I could still shake my booty like that but it would require a muscle relaxer followed by an ice pack!

    Go girls go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would need a couple sports bras & a pack of redbull to bust a move like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh geez. The zhu zhu pet. I did my very first post ever on that crazy thing. "keep away from hair!"

    My sister's baby kitty is very naughty too. Frankie waits beside my niece and the second she drops her soother, he grabs it, races away with it and EATS IT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. also, that video was hilarious, adorable, and mildly disturbing due to the true attention to Beyonce detail the girls displayed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. karen, i'd have to agree with you about a couple things - 1. zhuzhu pets are like weapons to hair. and 2. the beyonce my daught was displaying was a bit troublesome. thank goodness she's still spastic & has horrible hip motion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forget it. If I danced like that various X-rated bits would accidently pop out.
    Also, I once had a pair of bunny slippers that DID have ears until my cat took a liking to them :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's quite a tail - and nothing lacking in the telling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In years to come that video will come back to haunt them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved seeing the new tail attached to the happy girl! So glad it arrived so quickly to soothe the terrible sadness from the fox tail fiasco.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know you reposted this video of single ladies in honor of me!!!!!! LOL....thank you!

    ReplyDelete

don't let me be the only one doing the talking around here. spill your guts!