Sunday, December 4, 2011

snowflakes

after my cranky anti-decorating post of last week, i thought i'd change things up a little bit and post a video that brooke and i made a few days ago. we were making paper snowflakes for the girl's room because even if i don't love decorations so much myself, my brookie does and i do love a good, easy craft. we posted pictures of our finished snowflakes on facebook, leading to a bunch of comments from people saying they don't know how to do them and a picture from my cousin showing the shrapnelly disaster that was her first attempt at the flakes o' snow.

that motivated me to make a little tutorial of how to fold and cut the paper to create a thing of wonder. okay, that's totally an exaggeration, but it does show how to easily make these things if you're so inclined. and it was pointed out by a bloggy friend of mine from across the country, daniele from creatinglearningflying that it was interesting to hear our voices. i always like to hear how my blog friends sound when they post a vlog or other video, so here we are.




now go make some pretty snowflakes. or don't. mazel.

16 comments:

  1. This is a great guide honestly! I might go and make some snowflakes right now, I love this. Great post as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAS THAT THE CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS CD? That's my favourite.

    Anyhow, that was cute seeing/hearing you two. Why did I feel nervous though watching you wield those vicious looking scissors?!?

    You and sharp things....shudder....

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeamie, thanks. i hope your flakes turn out pretty.
    eva, thanks. i've been cutting these guys most of my life & it's fun to toss them & make new ones every year.
    karen, it wasn't the whole charlie brown cd, just one song on a christmas mix arrangement brooke has on her DSi. i was carefuly with the scissors this time. i didn't even hack the tips off any of my fingers this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those are fancy. Mine never looked so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the credits that rolled at the end! And, I laughed out loud when you hit your camera man - er camera girl. Those snowflakes are awesome. I haven't made any since I was a kid but I may have to try some with my kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That song is called "Linus and Lucy." Oh...my...God...that I even know that.
    Great snowflakes. Mine always melt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great tutorial. Thanks for sharing. You weren't being grouchy in your last past, I totally got it. Now go and add more rum to your egg nog. ;~)

    ReplyDelete
  8. my favorite part: "paper by normal paper." love it! thanks for the tutorial, I needed serious help in the snowflake department.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good reminder! We haven't done that yet this year and since we're not going to get any real snow we should get started. Especially if we're going to make enough to shovel...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, I used to make those when I was a kid ...long time ago, in another galaxy (ha ha)
    Wonder if I could still do them??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for posting! I will have to watch this when I get home. I can never seem to get my snowflakes to come out right...

    ReplyDelete
  12. you brought back great memories of my son, so proud, bringing these home from school last year. Maybe we'll sit and do some this year. Thanks! And THANKS for Facebooking me today - means so much! :) Happy Holidays, mon frer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for posting! I have always made them a different way, but these ones seem to turn out much nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I remember making these when I was little....such a GREAT past time craft that brought back memories! We'd love for you to share this with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays. http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2011/12/fun-stuff-fridays-4-3-weeks-long-for.html

    ReplyDelete

don't let me be the only one doing the talking around here. spill your guts!